WordPress the most popular blogging tools available, but what many people are only just starting to realize the value as a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that can be used to run an entire website.
When choosing a CMS for a business or corporate website these days, it is hard to go past WordPress as a consideration.
The top 5 reasons to use WordPress for a business website are:
- It’s Free: It sounds amazing, but the the WordPress engine is completely free to use.
- Search Engine Friendly: WordPress platform is much liked by the top 3 search engines (Google, Yahoo & Bing) – this alone should be a big motivator for small business to go the WordPress route especially if your business is in a competitive field. There are a few tweaks you need to make to really maximize the SEO potential – but its all done via free plugins.
- Easy to Use: Weather you are a developer or a end user, the WordPress interface is very easy to use. Adding plugins to extend functionality or just editing content its done within a few clicks.
- Extendable: WordPress is infinitely extendable, with over 10,000 free plugins that integrate seamlessly into your site. Popular plugins are ecommerce and SEO based.
- Themes: There is a thriving ecosystem of developers creating themes. Themes are used to quickly change the appearance of your website. There are many free themes and premium themes, which makes transforming your website appearance a breeze.
These are the reasons most web design firms are in a loving relationship with WordPress. Most of the recent web design projects we do at Intertec are harnessing the power of WordPress.